Idervok was joined by a pair of Greater Shadows and the fight was on:
- There was some confusion on whether to all collect upstairs or all collect downstairs.
- Eventually, everyone made it upstairs, with Idervok still casting spells centered at the top of the stairs, but Idervok was not coming up the stairs for some reason.
- Getaway failed to get you away (the powerful magic and curser on the castle is blocking teleportation magic).
- Belimont was possessed by a…uh…a Demon or something…I guess. And the Demon made him stay in the room where all these Idervok was casting all these spells. And Belimont got killed.
- As it turns out, escaping Idervok was easily accomplished by leaving the room. Barely an inconvenience.
You were able to escape the castle and return to your camp where Laori cast Raise Dead on Belimont.
Using Wind Walk, some of you travelled to Kaer Maga to sell treasure and buy all the diamond dust. By the time the shoppers returned, the others had sold Sial on becoming Curate of the Star Tower.
- Upon returning to the castle, the renewed sense of foreboding told you the Chained Spirit had acquired another Spirit Anchor.
- You brought Sial to Idervok at the bottom of the Star Tower.
- The pair had a five minute telepathic conversation none of you were privy to.
- A gigantic, dark, winged form descended from the shadows at the ceiling, touched Sial, and they both vanished.
- You’re sure no harm can come from this arrangement.
You went back to the temple of Zon-Kuthon to investigate the bones and ashes.
- When you started poking the ashes, the skull rose up on a whirlwind of ash and bone chips, revealing itself as a Demilich! Also, it is one of the Spirit Anchors.
- Although you took a little damage from its Telekinetic Wind, you were able to defeat the Demilich.
- Except, you could not destroy the skull – no matter how hard Tatonga hit it, the skull would not break.
- You tried to destroy it with magic, but that only started to “recharge its batteries.”
- You are fairly sure that Dispel Evil is one step in permanently destroying the skull. The other steps are a mystery.
- You put the skull in a bag and left the Donjon.
You have decided to investigate the last tower in the castle. You are searching for a :fiend" which is supposed to be one of the Spirit Anchors.