You fought the Danse Macabre:
- At first, your Communal Protection From Evil saved you from the Danse’s Dance of Death.
- A few rounds into the fight, however, the spell ended and most of you were forced to do nothing except dance.
- The effect was short-lived because most of you were able to fight off the compulsion.
- It caused some damage, but you were able to destroy the Undead horror.
As soon as Rodrick was no longer forced to dance, he succumbed to a different compulsion:
- Rodrick left the ballroom, climbed a ladder, and sequestered himself inside a small room with a mummified body in it.
- A new Protection From Evil spell wasn’t able to get Rodrick out of the room because now he had become afflicted with sever agoraphobia.
- Tatonga dragged Rodrick out of the room where Belimont put a Remove Fear on him.
- Rodrick is fine (for now), but the agoraphobia will return once the Remove Fear spell ends.
- While all this was happening, the rest of you secured the sack over the head of the magical statue in the foyer with a rope.
You made your way out of the guest wing of the castle via a door on the ground floor and found yourselves in the courtyard.
- You were attacked by a horrible Plant monster.
- It dished out a ton of damage before you could finally kill it.
You left the courtyard through a pair of double doors and into the lair of Bellasham the Umbral Dragon!
- So far, the Dragon has: blasted you with a Negative Energy breath weapon, a blinding breath weapon, and a pair of Web spells.
- It feels like the Dragon is playing with you – like’s it’s just using delaying tactics instead of bringing its full strength to the fight – so far.
We will pick up the action in the middle of the fight with Bellasham.