You spent an extra day in Kaer Maga to recover spells and do some last minute shopping.
You returned to Castle Scarwall:
- You used Wind Walk which is still in effect.
- You checked in at your campsite; everything was fine.
- You cast your buffing spells and headed back into Scarwall the same way you exited a few days ago.
You went down stairs to the second floor and quickly found yourselves in a multi-sided fight.
- The Nightmare you’d driven off last time you were here attacked you in the same hallway.
- A Wraith from the third floor had followed you down the stairs and attacked form behind.
- Knurlott showed up again. Even though you had “killed” him on your first visit to the castle, here he was walking around again and now he was trailing a large, spiritual chain!
- You defeated all three foes, healed up, and continued on your way.
You made your way past Mandraivus’s room into the central courtyard. After some discussion and exploration, you made your way down some stairs into the west wing of the castle.
- At the bottom of the stairs, the Ghosts of Kazavon’s old court jesters were there to greet you.
- At first, they seemed harmless, but when their strange pantomime turned out to be a supernatural attack, you fought back.
- Once you became aware of their attack, you easily “killed” them.
You made your way to a central dining area with a huge, abandoned table filled with dusty plates and food long rotted away.
- While investigating the area, you were attacked by a swarm of Wraiths coming at you from the various guest quarters.
- You were also attacked by a rare Undead creature called a Fext.
- Once you had Death Ward cast on everyone, the Wraiths were no longer a threat and easily destroyed.
- The Fext took more effort to destroy, but you did manage to kill it.
While looting the Fext, you learned that the battleaxe the Undead Orc had been wielding had a name and could talk.
- The axe calls itself Ukwar and claims to really want to kill Undead.
- Ukwar speaks strangely – as if it were three different “people.”
- Near as you can tell, Ukwar used to be a Deadwatcher Orc (the same tribe of Orcs that you killed at the gatehouse) named Ukwar.
- Somehow (Ukwar hasn’t explained), the Orc entered Scarwall and was apparently turned into a Fext (again, no explanation as to how this happened).
- When you killed the Fext, Ukwar’s “tormented soul” was somehow transferred into her trusty battleaxe.
- Saoirse took possession of Ukwar, although the axe would rather be in Tatonga’s hands.
You made your way past a strange statue of Kazavon in his Human form.
- It had a leather sack over the head, but as soon as you approached it, the sack flew off and there was a pulse of magic.
- Although there’s no way to tell what happened, none of you experienced any negative effects.
- You put the sack back on the statue’s head and made your way through the nearby double doors.
You entered a grand ballroom constructed in a floral shape with a high, vaulted roof of intricately wrought glass panes bearing a slight rose tint.
- As you entered the room, the doors lamed shut behind you.
- A ghostly orchestra materialized on the stage at the back of the room and began to play ballroom music.
- A tall, terrifying creature materialized in the center of the room. It looks like a giant Grim Reaper.