- You dealt with the Zombies easily.
- The Trench Mist was more of a problem and several of you were burned by its acid and negative energy attacks.
In another wide hallway, you had to deal with another Haunt and the corrupted spirit of Mandraivus (the Paladin who defeated Kazavon).
- The Haunt caused Ronin and Saoirse to become Confused.
- Saorse mostly just stood around babbling. Ronin however, tried to Disintegrate Belimont!
- At the same time, Mandraivus (now a power Wraith) was using Spring Attack to drain energy levels from some of you while avoiding most of your reprisals.
- Ronin’s missed Disintegrate spell destroyed the door at the far end of the hall.
- A group of Scarwall’s Skeletal Minotaurs attacked you form the next chamber.
- To protect himself and the rest of you from being Disintegrated by Ronin, Belimont created a Wall of Stone, isolating Ronin form the rest of you. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
- Mandraivus took advantage of Ronin’s isolation and confusion to kill him.
- Ronin rose up as a Wraith under Mandraivus’s control and flew through the Wall of Stone to attack you and was almost instantly slain again.
- You all watched in horror as the cursed walls of Scarwall tried to absorb Ronin’s soul.
- Somehow, Ronin’s spirit was able to resist being absorbed by the castle and you watched his spirit ascend into the River of Souls.
- You were finally able to defeat Mandraivus and the four Skeletal Minotaurs.
Unwilling to continue fighting your way through the castle without your Wizard, you decided to leave the castle to raise Ronin from the dead.
- After getting briefly turned around, you made your way back where you had come from on the second floor.
- You decided to continue upwards, hoping to find a roof or other open-air area so you could fly back to your base.
- You discovered Castothrane – a Skeletal Warrior who immolated himself as soon as you came into his chamber.
- Castothrane was joined by a pair of Wraiths and during the battle, the Skeltal Warrior ran outside so two Skeletal Minotaurs joined the fight.
- You dealt with all of these threats.
((Because I am a terrible DM, I forgot that Castothrane was one of the Spirit Anchors you’ve been looking for. When you killed him, you watched the intangible spirit chain retract into the floor as if being drawn in by Andachi one floor below you. Sorry.))
- Saoirse stayed behind so you won’t need two Wind Walk spells for your return trip.
- You sold off your loot.
- You bought lots of diamonds.
- You brought Ronin back from the dead.
We will pick up on this day still in Kaer Maga, in case anyone has any last minute purchases to make. If not, Belimont will need to use one 6th-level spell for Wind Walk to get you back to Scarwall.